Our Career Services team helps MBA students develop a career strategy, identify strengths, and understand the skills they need for their next career path.
The Oregon MBA is highly personalized with many customizable options to meet each student’s needs. Career advisors help you pinpoint the industry sector, location, and companies you’re interested in and draw up an action plan. We work with you one-on-one to ensure that you’re considering the firms that suit your skills, abilities, and market opportunities.
On the other side of the equation, our size enables us to form personal relationships with employers who recruit Oregon MBA students. Whether these employers come to campus, or receive us at their company headquarters, you’ll find that our connections with them run deep. Think of us as your trainers and facilitators. Though the responsibility for finding a position is ultimately yours, we provide you with the information, tools, and assistance you’ll need to go after the job of your dreams.
In addition to through foundational preparation, the Oregon MBA has two signature program offerings related to your career:
- Career Mastery
- The Oregon Mentor Network
The Oregon MBA Career Services approach is through the lens of Career Mastery where individuals leverage the strengths of their personality to gain clarity in their career goals while developing a deep understanding of industry and market needs. Oregon MBA students master their career development through a series of programs and workshops throughout their time in the program. Career Mastery program elements include:
- 15-Part Workshop Series: A hands on, integrated, and applied approach to mastering MBA career development. These workshops focus on skill building, sharing best practices and peer feedback to keep your career search plan on track. Held every other week, these 90 minute workshops cover a variety of topics:
- Networking and Building Advocates
- Leveraging Online Networking Tools
- Communication Strategies
- Industry Mapping
- The Nuances of Job Searching
- Social Etiquette
- International Jobs
- MBAFocus: A global recruiting platform for MBA career opportunities. The platform hosts individual MBA student profiles, resumes, job search portals, events, workshops, and on-camps recruiting. Thousands of companies actively post opportunities and seek MBAs within this platform.
Oregon Mentor Network
The Oregon Mentor Network is a new signature MBA program offering for MBA students to engage with a professional mentor during a year-long program. Starting in the spring, first-year MBA students will have the opportunity to be matched with a professional mentor to further your leadership, experiential learning, and exposure to business in action. Through site visits, regular online interaction, and campus events, mentoring is a dynamic experience for MBAs to enhance professional development through our expanded network.
Applications for the spring 2014 mentor/mentee cohort will begin in February 2014.
No Time to Waste
In addition to the above career preparation opportunities, MBA students are supported in the career goals throughout the Oregon MBA program. In fact, job search begins during Prologue (orientation) with self-assessments, diagnostics, and résumé revision. Along with the individual counseling and feedback, you will have support in the following areas:
- Individual Career Advising and Counseling
- Self Assessment
- Integrated Skill Topics
- Career Seminars
- Videotape Interview Practice
- Employer Site Visit Programs
- Oregon MBA Network
- Campus Recruiting and Company Information Sessions
- Lundquist Career Services Publications
- Job and Internship Databases and Postings
- Summer Internships Assistance
Career advising for MBA students is scheduled through MBAFocus.
Schedule an Appointment
The Oregon MBA maintains a job board specifically for MBA students on MBAFocus as well.
View MBA Job Board