Because our MBA program is small by design, our career services office can help you develop a career strategy, helping you identify your own strengths and work on your weaknesses. They’ll pinpoint the industry sector, location, and companies you’re interested in and draw up an action plan. We work with you one-on-one to ensure that you’re considering the firms that suit your skills and abilities--and your career path.
On the other side of the equation, our small size enables us to form personal relationships with employers who recruit Oregon MBAs. Whether these employers come to campus or receive us at their company headquarters, you’ll find that our connections with them run deep. Think of us as your trainers and facilitators. Though the responsibility for finding a position is ultimately yours, we provide you with the information, tools, and assistance you’ll need to go after the job of your dreams.
No time to waste
Your job search begins during Prologue, when you start with self-assessments, diagnostics, and the revision of your résumé. To go with the individual counseling and feedback, the college's Career Services office conduct skills workshops throughout the year. A sampling:
- Mastering the art of networking
- Marketing through résumés and cover letters
- The power of the spoken word: the interview
- Negotiating and making the employment decision
Career Services also provides weekly announcements with the most recent job and internship listings. You’ll get the skinny on workshops, seminars, guest speakers, round tables, and mock interviews.
Career Services will provide you with the following resources:
- Individual Career Advising and Counseling
- Self Assessment
- Integrated Skill Topics
- Career Seminars
- Videotape Interview Practice
- Employer Site Visit Programs
- Oregon MBA Network
- Campus Recruiting and Company Information Sessions
- Lundquist Career Services Publications
- Job and Internship Databases and Postings
- Summer Internships Assistance