Spend a day with a pro and see what your future could hold.
The Job Shadow program is an opportunity for prebusiness students to explore a career by observing professionals—many of whom are alumni of the Lundquist College—during a typical day on the job. The program pairs you with a host professional and provides training to help you make the most of the experience.
IMPORTANT: Before you begin, be sure to read the instructions below.
Sign Up Now My Application
(Log in with your DuckID and password)
- Gain exposure to career paths and make informed course, internship and career decisions
- Start the career exploration process sooner in your time at the university
- Build professional skills, self-confidence and industry awareness
- Strengthen your application to the business or accounting major
- Strengthen your applications for internships
- Improve your employment prospects after graduation
Who Can Participate?
The program is intended primarily for prebusiness administration majors in their sophomore year. While business and accounting majors may also sign up, preference is given to sophomores as well as students who have not previously participated in the program.
- Declared prebusiness administration major
- Completion of BA101 with a grade of B- or better
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Placements with public accounting firms require a 3.25 cumulative GPA and completion of Accounting 211 with at least a B
- International students with AEIS course requirements must have successfully completed all of their AEIS courses before participating in the Job Shadow program
How Do I Sign Up?
The Job Shadow program takes place twice a year, in fall term and spring term. The program begins accepting applications at the start of the term.
Before signing up to participate, please review ALL of the program information on this page.
- Click the “Sign Up Now” button above and log in with your Duck ID and password.
- IMPORTANT: If you have just recently declared a prebusiness major, the application login will not work until the day after your major has been updated in DuckWeb.
- Enter your information and respond to a series of short-answer questions* about your professional and academic interests.
*Your responses to these questions will be shared with your job shadow host, so please respond completely and professionally.
What Happens Next?
Program staff will review your application and provide further instructions on the steps you must complete in order to be matched with a job shadow host.
What Companies Can I Shadow?
Host companies are available in Portland, Eugene, Seattle, San Francisco, and beyond. They represent a wide variety of industries, company sizes, and career pathways. A directory of host companies is made available to accepted students after they have completed the first online training module. Some of the companies that have hosted students recently include: