What better way to see the benefits of studying business than to network with real professionals? A core piece of the CEO Network’s mission is to open doors to opportunities that minority students may have not been able to access alone.
If we do this successfully, our students will have more confidence in their job search—they will have an established professional network to tap into for job leads as well as professional mentors to guide them in their transition from student to young professional, translating to job placement upon graduation from the university.
To accomplish this mission, we provide professional development events tailored to the multicultural and diverse backgrounds of our students. We engage students, allies, recruiters, and minority professionals to create these experiences. Many participants at the events offer inspiration to students, motivating them to further excel in being professionals. Our events, held throughout the year, include:
- Guest lectures from a minority business leaders
- Skill drill workshops for students to rehearse networking skills
- Networking and recruiting events that mix minority role models, corporate recruiters, and students
- Game changer award and diversity conference
Previous opportunities have included:
- Dinner with the president of the University of Oregon
- Site visit to PriceWaterhouse Cooper corporate office
- Behind the scenes tour of the Trailblazer’s franchise
For information on upcoming events, visit the CEO Network on social media: