The Oregon Executive MBA has an extensive and unparalleled network of alumni and we provide some of the best career development information and industry research tools to current students and alumni alike to facilitate networking and professional advancement.
Executive Coaching Sessions
Whether you’re a seasoned executive or someone newly promoted to a key position, executive coaching is a powerful resource for leadership development. Oregon Executive MBA's executive coaching is provided to accelerate the success of students who are committed to maximizing their effectiveness as leaders and reaching their professional goals.
At the beginning of the program, each student takes several assessments, including the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and the Leadership Practices Inventory (LPI) 360. After the LPI is completed, students are provided an executive coach to help interpret their results in order to further develop and refine their leadership skills.
Students are entitled to four sessions with their chosen coach. These can take place in person, remotely over the phone/Skype, or via a combination of the two.
Benefits of Executive Coaching
Executive coaching empowers you to analyze and refine your thought process so that you can make strategic decisions, break through obstacles and implement your accelerated potential.
Coaches may help you:
- Uncover your unique purpose
- Become a stronger leader
- Maximize your strengths
- Make major transitions
- Identify obstacles and solve problems
- Identify and take advantage of opportunities
- Increase business revenues and personal income
- Reach previously unattainable goals
- Design a plan of action
- Negotiate more efficiently
- Communicate clearly and confidently
Selecting a Coach
The chemistry between students and coaches is very important. This is why we encourage each student to participate in a 30-minute discovery session with at least two of the three available coaches. These sessions do not count towards the four-hour maximum.
Our coaches bring with them exactly the blend of extensive coaching experience and high-level industry backgrounds you’d expect to be offered by an executive MBA program of our caliber. But that’s just for starters. Because each coach also comes to the table with several distinctive specializations, executive MBA students are empowered to find the most appropriate and productive match for their current and long-term needs.
Executive coaches' specialties include
- Organizational development
- Leadership development
- Transitioning to new positions or new jobs
- Shaping diverse work experiences into meaningful careers
- Working with the public and private sectors
- International experience
- Maximizing organizational impact, effectiveness, and influence
- Taking a fresh approach to changes and challenges
- Insights into the specific challenges faced by growth companies, entrepreneurial divisions, and startups
- Long-range planning
- And more