Due to the generosity of many supporters, the School of Accounting is able to award tens of thousands of dollars in scholarships to accounting students every year.
Students only need to submit one application to be considered for the scholarships offered by the School of Accounting. Scholarship committees comprised of accounting faculty make the final decisions. Decisions will be made and applicants notified in the beginning of spring term. Recipients will be recognized at the Accounting Recognition Evening in May.
Sample of Criteria for Selection
Here is a sample of types of criteria for awardees (not all criteria is necessary for award eligibility):
- Academic performance (including GMAT scores for MAcc applicants)
- Financial need (make sure your FAFSA is submitted well in advance)
- Community involvement
- Working to put self through school
- Enrolled in 3+1 Accounting Pathway
- Enrolled as a direct admit student in the Lundquist College of Business
- Interest in a career in taxation
Scholarship awards typically range between $1,000 and $10,000, depending upon available funding.
Submit one application to be considered for all School of Accounting scholarships. Before you go to the website to apply, prepare the following documents and have them ready to upload (PDF format only):
- One-page cover letter describing your goals and why you should receive a scholarship. This should be formatted as a proper cover letter.
- One-page resume
- For non-UO applicants: your most up-to-date unofficial transcript.
Note, for UO applicants, the scholarship committee will be pulling your grades as part of the review process.
The application for scholarships for the 2019-20 academic year is now closed. The application for the 2020-21 academic year will open mid-February 2020.
Contact Michael Tomcal, Senior Instructor of Accounting and Scholarship Committee Chair:
391F Anstett Hall
Once you have submitted your application form, you will receive an email from the School of Accounting within 3-4 business days. If you do not receive these emails, please contact Michael to ensure your application packet is complete.