- Gain exposure to career paths and make informed course, internship and career decisions
- Start the career exploration process sooner in your time at the university
- Build professional skills, self-confidence and industry awareness
- Strengthen your application to the business or accounting major
- Strengthen your applications for internships
- Improve your employment prospects after graduation
Who Can Participate?
The program is intended primarily for prebusiness administration majors in their sophomore year. While business and accounting majors may also sign up, preference is given to sophomores as well as students who have not previously participated in the program.
- Declared prebusiness administration major
- Completion of BA101 with a grade of B- or better
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Placements with public accounting firms require a 3.25 cumulative GPA and completion of Accounting 211 with at least a B
- International students with AEIS course requirements must have successfully completed all of their AEIS courses before participating in the Job Shadow program
What Companies Can I Shadow?
Host companies are available in Portland, Eugene, Seattle, San Francisco, and beyond. They represent a wide variety of industries, company sizes, and career pathways. A directory of host companies is made available to accepted students after they have completed the first online training module. Some of the companies that have hosted students recently include:
- Columbia Sportswear
- Foresters Financial
- Keen Footwear
- Lane United Football Club
- Levi Straus & Co.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Moss Adams
- NIKE, Inc.
- Ninkasi Brewing Company
- Northwestern Mutual
- Oregon Entrepreneurs Network
- Portland Trail Blazers
- U.S. Bank