The OCG Way
The OCG way is grounded in our core values of respect, integrity, growth, hard work, and teamwork. Every OCG member is focused on delivering the highest quality services to our clients. We strive to make everyone better by setting a high bar and actively supporting others in the group to achieve or beat that standard. Our goal is to leave the program in a stronger position based on what we contributed to the program and how we strengthened the culture for future students.
What We Look For
The OCG is a high performing team comprised of talented students from across the University of Oregon. We welcome undergraduate and graduate students from all disciplines. Our membership has grown from business students alone to students majoring in journalism, design, science, computer information systems and business analytics.
- We actively seek to recruit talented students from all academic backgrounds into our organization. Incoming members are individuals who are deeply interested in furthering their education and opportunities outside of the classroom.
- Our team-oriented, entrepreneurial culture provides students with the opportunity to make a contribution to the businesses we serve. We recruit a driven group of self-starters who share our passion for excellence.
- While our expectations are high, so are the rewards. You have our commitment to provide the richest experience possible. In turn, we are looking for a small but dedicated group of individuals who see the value of such a commitment.
Real World Experience
- Work with real clients and companies
- Highly regarded in internship/job recruitment
Culture and Community
- Become a part of a team and build long-lasting relationships
- Utilize the OCG suite
- Opportunity for individualized career development plan working with faculty advisor and members of group
- Direct exposure to alumni network
The interview process to become a student consultant consists of a behavioral interview and a case interview. Case interviews are commonly used in consulting interviews to assess how applicants break down and solve problems. You can access our case interview preparation document below to learn more and prepare yourself for the case interview.