In order to review your application it must be complete. An application is not considered complete until all of the materials listed below have been received. You will receive an email confirmation once your application is complete.
- Online Business PhD Departmental Application
The Business PhD Departmental Application provides additional information that is needed to complete your application for the Lundquist College of Business doctoral program.
Business PhD Departmental Application
- UO Graduate Admission Online Application and nonrefundable $70.00 (U.S. applicants) or $90.00 (international applicants) application fee
UO Graduate Admission Online Application
The UO Graduate application requires a different login and password from the departmental application.
The "Type of degree applying for" is Doctoral Program
The "Name of Major" is by Department. From under "Lundquist College of Business", please select ONE ONLY of the following:
Operations and Business Analytics (formerly Decision Sciences)
Applicants will be required to pay the non-refundable application fee at the time the UO Graduate Admission Online Application is submitted.
- Up-to-date Resume (submit online via departmental application)
- Statement of Purpose (submit online via departmental application) Please submit a personal statement of approximately 1,000 words that (1) states your professional goals and areas of academic interest; (2) describes your academic, professional, and personal experiences that have prepared you for the PhD program, (3) gives your reasons for pursuing a PhD degree in your chosen field and (4) why you are applying to the University of Oregon.
- Writing Sample (submit online via departmental application)
Please include a paper or article that you have written relevant to your chosen field. The Lundquist College of Business supports PhD students principally through research and teaching assistantships and teaching assignments. Examples of materials that might be submitted include a paper written for a course (within the last five years), a paper published in a professional journal (within the last three years), or a paper specifically prepared for the application.
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendations (register recommenders online via departmental application) After you register your recommenders online via the departmental application, your recommenders will be automatically directed to a recommendation website linked to your application. Ideally, your recommendations would come from persons who can provide information about your academic abilities and suitability for PhD-level study. You can submit your departmental application BEFORE your recommendations have been received.
- Transcripts (two-part process)
1. Upload unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities you attended to the PhD Departmental Application.
2. Submit official transcripts to the University of Oregon Office of Admissions. Please follow official transcript requirements as detailed by the UO Graduate School website.
Office of Admissions Mailing Address:
University of Oregon
Office of Admissions
1217 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1217
Official Electronic Transcripts. Official electronic transcripts should be sent to: email@example.com. (To check on the status of official transcripts/degree certificates received by the University of Oregon, please call the Registrar at 541-346-2935.)
Degree in Progress. If you have not yet finished your degree at the time of application, you will still need to submit your in-progress "unofficial" transcript via the PhD online departmental application. However, you do NOT need to send your official (in-progress) transcript to the Office of Admissions until AFTER your degree is conferred and the degree and award date are printed on the transcript.
Degree Certificate. If your degree and degree award date are not posted on the transcript, as is the case with most international transcripts, you will need to include the related degree certificate with your transcript.
International Transcripts from Non-English Speaking Countries: English translations of transcripts and, where applicable, degree certificates notarized by the issuing university. Click here for a list of countries where this requirement applies (submit to UO Admissions).
International Credentials: International credentials must be equivalent to a U.S. four-year bachelor’s degree. Additionally, the credentials must be received from an institution recognized by the country’s educational body that oversees institutional approval, such as the Ministry of Education. If you are concerned about your eligibility for admission, please contact the UO Graduate School for credential analysis (firstname.lastname@example.org).
(To check on the status of official transcripts/degree certificates received by the University of Oregon, please call the Registrar at 541-346-2935.)
Official GMAT or GRE Score Report
Submit an official copy of your GMAT score by selecting the GMAT Business School program name Charles H. Lundquist College of Business – PhD Program (code = KSQ-5N-72). For more information on registration, test centers, test preparation materials, and test fees, please visit the GMAT website.
If you have already taken the GMAT exam, but did not list the UO Charles H. Lundquist College of Business as a participating school to have access to your online official score report, you will need to contact GMAT in order to add our school to the list of participating schools who can access your report.
Official GRE score by using the GRE Institutional Code for the University of Oregon (4846) and the GRE Departmental code for Business Administration and Management (4201). Get more information on preparing for and scheduling a GRE exam.
GMAT and GRE scores are only valid for five (5) years.
As long as you include copies of GRE or GMAT score reports in your online application, you may hold off on submitting the official scores until after the admissions decision.
In addition to the above, applicants whose native language is not English must submit:
- Language Competency
Official TOEFL or IELTS Score Report. Applicants whose native language is not English must show proof of language proficiency. The score report is valid for 2 years only.
Institutional Code. ETS must send a TOEFL score report to the University of Oregon, Institutional Code: 4846, Department Code 02.
IT CAN TAKE UP TO 30 DAYS FROM THE TIME OF YOUR REQUEST FOR OFFICIAL ETS SCORES TO BE AVAILABLE IN THE UO SYSTEM. PLAN YOUR REQUEST SO THAT ETS SCORES ARE AVAILABLE PRIOR TO APPLICATION DEADLINES.
Exemption. Applicants who submit transcripts proving that they have received a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited U.S. institution or from Australia, Canada (excluding Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand, or the United Kingdom are exempt from the language proficiency requirement.
Degree in Progress. If you are pursuing a US or other exempt degree which has not yet been awarded, please submit your most recent TOEFL score report.
LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENTS
- IBT TOEFL Minimum = 96
- PBT TOEFL Minimum = 600
- IELTS Minimum = 7.5