Welcome. We're so pleased you have chosen the Oregon Executive MBA. To ensure you are ready to begin your transformational MBA journey this fall, there are four sets of tasks you must tackle in the months to come.
We will send you an email when each task becomes available. You may also visit this web page for links to each task and supplemental information.
- Phase One - Complete student information questionnaire, activate your UO ID, and claim your Duck ID.
- Phase Two - Order your student ID card and use your Duck ID to log in to DuckWeb and perform several tasks.
- Phase Three - Log in to Canvas and get ready for Executive MBA Immersion.
Phase One: Tell Us More about Yourself and Claim Your Duck ID
TELL US MORE ABOUT YOURSELF
Soon after you are admitted into the program, you will receive an email with a link to a student information questionnaire.
Here's an overview of what the questionnaire asks for:
- Basic information about you and your family
- Learning team preferences
- Your preference for receiving textbooks
- What kind of laptop you plan to use while you're in the program
- Whether you'd like to stay in a nearby hotel during the Portland segment of Executive Immersion
- Confidential information (emergency contact info, dietary requirements and preferences, medical conditions, classroom accommodations, etc.)
- Your headshot (a selfie is fine)
- A brief professional bio (no more than 100 words) Download last year's bios (PDF).
Not sure you received the email with the link to the survey? Please check your spam or junk mail folder. If you don't find the email there or you need to receive a new link to the survey, please contact Amanda Fontenot at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACTIVATE YOUR UO ID AND CLAIM YOUR DUCK ID
Quick Overview: UO ID Number and Duck ID—What's the Difference?
|UO ID Number
What is it?
The UO ID Number is a unique nine-digit number that starts with 95 (e.g. 951234567). Sometimes you'll hear people call it a "95 number."
What's my UO Student ID Number?
Your student ID number will be included in the email with instructions for claiming your Duck ID. Your ID number will also be on the student ID card that you use to enter our facility at 109 NW Naito Parkway.
What is it?
Your Duck ID will be the first part of your UO email address. Example: If your UO email address is email@example.com, your Duck ID is yourname.
What's my Duck ID?
You'll have a chance to select your Duck ID from several available options.
How will I use my UO ID Number?
You'll use it to:
- Claim your Duck ID.
- Log in to DuckWeb.
- See your grades.
- Deal with financial aid.
- Pay your tuition bill.
- Download the 1098T form for your taxes.
- Update your mailing address if you move—so the UO can mail your diploma when you graduate!
How will I use my Duck ID?
You'll use it to log in to:
- Your UO email account
- Canvas (the online learning management system you'll use during the program)
- UO Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- UO wi-fi in Portland and on campus in Eugene
- Duck ID self-service, where you can set up email forwarding, change your password, and more
Phase Two: After You Claim Your Duck ID
There are several small but essential tasks to perform on DuckWeb. Watch for an email to arrive within two weeks AFTER you've activated your UO ID and Duck ID.
Submit Immunization Records and Complete Tuberculosis Questionnaire
The University of Oregon has expanded its immunization requirements for all incoming students. You must provide proof of immunization OR a blood test (titer) showing immunity for measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR). The university also strongly recommends several other vaccinations.
Order UO Student ID Card
You will also be able to order your UO student ID card in this phase.
Phase Three: Log in to Canvas and Get Ready for Virtual Executive Immersion
Watch for an email in July with details about logging into Canvas as well as information about what to expect during Executive Immersion.
Executive Immersion will take place online, September 8 through 11.