Welcome. We're so pleased you have chosen the Oregon Executive MBA. To ensure you are ready to begin your transformational MBA journey this fall, there are four sets of tasks you must tackle in the months to come.
We will send you an email when each task becomes available. You may also visit this web page for links to each task and supplemental information.
- Phase One - Complete student information questionnaire (you will receive an email about this on the first or 15th of the month)
- Phase Two - Activate your Duck ID and UO ID (you will receive an email first or 15th of the month AFTER you have completed the student information questionnaire).
- Phase Three - Use your Duck ID to log in to DuckWeb and perform several tasks (you will receive an email on the first or 15th of the month AFTER you activate your Duck ID).
- Phase Four - Log in to Canvas and get ready for Executive MBA Immersion (you will receive an email on July 15)
Phase One: Tell Us More About Yourself
On the first or 15th of the month, you will receive an email with a link to a student information questionnaire.
Here's an overview of what the questionnaire asks for:
- Basic information about you and your family
- Learning team preferences
- Your preference for receiving textbooks
- Whether you'd like to stay in a nearby hotel during the Portland segment of Executive Immersion
- What kind of laptop you plan to use while you're in the program
- Confidential information (emergency contact info, dietary requirements and preferences, medical conditions, classroom accommodations, etc.)
- Tuition assistance information
- A brief professional bio (no more than 100 words) Download last year's bios (PDF).
Not sure you received the email with the link to the survey? Please check your spam or junk mail folder. If you don't find the email there or you need to receive a new link to the survey, please contact Sandy Kingsley at email@example.com.
Phase Two: Activate Your Duck ID
Available AFTER you finish the Student Information Questionnaire
On the first or 15th of the month, you will receive an email with detailed information about activating your UO ID and creating your Duck ID. (Do you think you should already have received this email? Would you like us to send you this email again? Contact Sandy Kingsley at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Quick Overview: UO Student ID Number and Duck ID
|UO Student ID Number
What is it?
The UO Student ID Number is a unique nine-digit number that starts with 95 (e.g. 951234567). Sometimes you'll hear people call it a "95 number."
What's my UO Student ID Number?
After you finish the Student Information Questionnaire, you will receive an email containing your Student ID number on the first of 15th of the month.
What is it?
Your Duck ID will be the first part of your UO email address. Example: If your UO email address is email@example.com, your Duck ID is yourname.
What's my Duck ID?
You'll have a chance to select your Duck ID from several available options.
How will I use my UO Student ID Number?
You'll use it to:
- Claim your Duck ID.
- See your grades.
- Deal with financial aid.
- Pay your tuition bill.
- Download the 1098T form for your taxes.
- Update your mailing address if you move—so the UO can mail your diploma when you graduate!
How will I use my Duck ID?
You'll use it to log in to:
- Your UO email account
- Canvas (the online learning management system you'll use during the program)
- UO Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- UO wi-fi in Portland and on campus in Eugene
- Duck ID self-service, where you can set up email forwarding, change your password, and more
How to Order a UO ID Card: A Step-by-Step Guide (PDF)
Phase Three: After You Activate Your Duck ID
There are several small but essential tasks to perform on DuckWeb. Watch for an email on the first or the 15th of the month, AFTER you've activated your UO ID and Duck ID.
Phase Four: Log in to Canvas and Get Ready for Executive Immersion in Portland and Eugene
Watch for an email on July 15 with details about logging into Canvas as well as information about what to expect during Executive Immersion.
Executive Immersion will take place in Portland and Eugene, September 3 through 6.