Here's what you need to know about Oregon Executive MBA's class schedule.
- Classes are held twice a month on back-to-back Fridays and Saturdays.
- Friday classes start at 1:00 p.m. and finish at 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday classes start at 8:00 a.m. and finish at 5:00 p.m.
View CALENDAR FOR STUDENTS STARTING FALL 2022 (PDF)
How does the twice-monthly schedule make it more convenient for the Pacific Northwest’s leading professionals to take advantage of the Oregon Executive MBA’s offerings?
Here are just a few of the ways the twice-monthly schedule makes it more convenient for top-tier professionals to take part in the program.
- The later start on Fridays gives students the option to spend the first part of their days as they choose. They can concentrate on their work responsibilities, travel to the program, or focus on any of their other priorities.
- Finishing Friday classes in the early evening means lighter traffic for students who travel home after class.
- Frequent business travelers will find the twice-a-month class schedule easier to integrate into their travel schedules.
- For students from the extended region—Seattle, Boise, Central and Southern Oregon, the San Francisco Bay Area, and beyond—the twice-a-month schedule makes it more practical to pursue their executive MBA degrees here in Portland through the University of Oregon.
How does the twice-monthly class schedule make it easier for those students who need to get buy-in for the program from their employers?
The streamlined Friday schedule means fewer hours away from the workplace during standard business hours.
What are some of the other executive MBA programs that have similar schedules?
All over the U.S., many nationally known programs have adopted similar schedules. The executive MBA programs offered by the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business, the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University, and Smeal College of Business at Penn State are just a few of these.
Do any other executive MBA programs in the Pacific Northwest offer a similar twice-monthly schedule?
No. The Oregon Executive MBA is the only program in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho to offer this convenient class schedule to the region’s mid- to senior-level professionals.
Will the program continue to offer the Global Study Trip?
You bet. Now more than ever, a global perspective is a crucial attribute for today’s business leaders. The required Global Study Trip, undertaken right before the students’ second year in the program, is an ideal opportunity to learn about the intricacies of doing business in an international environment
How can I find out more about the Oregon Executive MBA Program?
We'd love to meet you and answer your questions. Here are three great ways to get in touch with us.