Now Accepting Applications
We are currently accepting applications for the fall 2019 class.
Find out more about applying for fall 2019
What are the minimum requirements for admission?
- Undergraduate degree from a U.S. or internationally accredited institution of recognized standing.
- Demonstrate at least three years of managerial, or leadership experience in a position that included supervision of other employees, responsibility for budgets or financial performance, project management, account management or similar responsibilities.
- Demonstrate at least five years of career-related work experience.
- Currently hold a mid- to senior-level management position with significant responsibility.
What are the advantages of an executive MBA program versus a full-time residential program?
Executive MBA programs like Oregon Executive MBA are tailored to executives and emerging business leaders. Oregon Executive MBA is as academically rigorous as any full-time MBA program, but is differentiated by its cohort structure, its schedule and student services, its robust network, and its application and relevance to your current career.
- Cohort: Those enrolled in Oregon Executive MBA are seasoned professionals with a wealth of hands-on experience to share in the classroom. You’ll learn with and from your peers as your cohort progresses through the integrated coursework over twenty months.
- Schedule: Oregon Executive MBA is a signature program with one audience: accomplished professionals. Our accelerated format accommodates your busy schedule with courses twice a month on consecutive Fridays and Saturdays. Because Friday classes start at 1:00 p.m., the impact to your work week is minimal. (View the 2019-21 class schedule – PDF)
- Service: On class days, we take care of meals, snacks, and student services so you can focus on learning.
- Network: Between the University of Oregon’s reputation and reach, the expertise of our faculty members and instructors, and the distinction of our student body, you will tap into an unparalleled network through Oregon Executive MBA.
- Application: All Oregon Executive MBA students are working professionals, who bring the current challenges facing their organizations into the classroom. You will be able to immediately apply the theory, research, and best practices you learn here in your workplace. The unbeatable ROI begins on the first day of class.
Is the program a series of executive seminars, or are there tests and grades as in a traditional academic degree?
As an AACSB-accredited MBA program, the Oregon Executive MBA is required to demonstrate assurance of learning. This includes graded papers, exams, work-related projects, presentations, team projects, and class participation.
My undergraduate degree was not in business. Do I need to meet any prerequisites before I can start Oregon Executive MBA?
No. Because our admission criteria are primarily based on professional experience and leadership potential, every Oregon Executive MBA student enters the program with his or her own unique area of expertise and not only becomes a member of a closely knit cohort, but also becomes a member of a learning team of four to six participants. These teams are diverse in professional experience and industry. Teams will be comprised of members with backgrounds in management, marketing, finance, accounting, health care, engineering, law or operations. Industries represented are from timber to high-tech, law, healthcare, closely held companies, and non-profit organizations. This peer group, paired with our world class faculty, ensures an extraordinary learning opportunity.
Is the GMAT required?
No, the GMAT is not required for your application. The final step for full admission is completing the self-paced tutorial MBA Math with an 80 percent passing grade. This on-line program is a helpful refresher course on quantitative skills that are used throughout the MBA curriculum. In the final phase of the admissions process, OEMBA will provide applicants with a personal and pre-paid link to a unique set of modules on Finance, Accounting, Economics, Excel, and Statistics prior to the start of the program. Upon successful completion of MBA Math, applicants will be notified in writing of their final admission status.
How much does the program cost? What do tuition and fees include?
The total estimated cost for the Oregon Executive MBA for students beginning in fall 2018 will be $81,000. The University of Oregon's total estimated fees for students entering the fall 2019 cohort are $2,900. Get the details.
Unlike many other MBA programs, Oregon Executive MBA's tuition and fees traditionally cover nearly all the costs of the program, with the exception of some costs associated with the global study trip (international airfare, some meals, personal expenses, and any necessary visa or passport fees).
View Tuition Details Here
Here is the full list of what you’ll get:
- Global Study Trip (with the exception of international airfare, any required visas, and some meals)
- Lodging and meals at the first-year Executive Immersion
- Executive Coaching
- Tuition, fees
- Computer software for selected courses
- Meals and snacks on class days
- Social events
- Cap and gown and other incidentals
What are my payment options?
Individuals may pay on a per-term basis or in full before each year’s classes begin. For convenience, those students whose tuition is reimbursed by their company may be allowed to pay after grades are posted.
Are student loans available?
Yes. Federal student loans can provide up to 100 percent of your tuition. You can apply for federal funds after you’ve been admitted and enrolled at the University of Oregon. We suggest starting with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) website and contacting Steve Mardane at 541-346-1308 or email@example.com.
What do I need to complete my application?
Contact Oregon Executive MBA about the application process. Your application typically includes essay questions, sponsorship endorsement, and applicant evaluation forms. Your submission will consist of the following:
- An Oregon Executive MBA application
- A résumé and your required essay question responses
- Request and submit two (2) official transcripts from all colleges/universities you have attended. Transcripts may be submitted electronically OR by US mail.
Submit one transcript to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit one transcript to: email@example.com
US Mail (submit to both locations)
Office of Admissions
1217 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-1217
Oregon Executive MBA
Attention: Sandy Kingsley
38 NW Davis Street, Suite 200
Portland, OR 97209
- Official copy of TOEFL scores, if applicable
What can I expect from the admissions interview?
The interview is an important piece of the application process. It generally lasts around 45 minutes and covers such topics as your leadership/management skills, your ability and experience with teams, and what you expect from the program. At the end of the interview, we provide time to answer any final questions that you might have. Once the interview is completed, decisions on admissions are typically made within a week.
What are the requirements for international students?
Oregon Executive MBA admits non-U.S. citizens as international students, providing they are proficient in English and carry insurance. For more information, please visit and review the Application Requirements for International Students page of the University of Oregon’s website.
Who is the typical Oregon Executive MBA student?
Oregon Executive MBA students share a motivation to build on their professional success through continuous learning. They are driven to broaden their specialized business knowledge. These emerging leaders average fifteen years of work experience (nine in management) with an average age of 40. Oregon Executive MBA takes care to build each cohort with a diverse representation of industry sectors and business perspectives that ensures an optimal learning group.
How long does it take to earn an Oregon Executive MBA?
Oregon Executive MBA is a 20-month program. Each academic year is 10 months long and runs from September through early June, so you have your summers free. The program is structured to limit interruptions to students' professional engagements and make sure that class work relates to their current careers—and their organizations’ needs. As a rule of thumb, we ensure students come away from each class with at least one new tool in their professional tool box to be put to use when they return to work on Monday.
What is the monthly time commitment for a working professional to earn an Oregon Executive MBA?
Classes are held twice a month on consecutive Fridays and Saturdays for 18 weeks per year for two academic years (September-June). You’ll expect to spend seven hours in class on Fridays and eight hours on Saturdays, with an additional 15-20 hours in outside preparation, including weekly learning team meetings. Some students report a lower time investment, but this varies with academic experience and professional skill.
VIEW A TWO-YEAR CALENDAR
By scheduling class sessions just twice a month, Oregon Executive MBA’s courses are designed specifically for working professionals and allow for travel and work commitments. Students whose work commitments allow for a tailored schedule, and whose families are supportive, find they are able to balance work, school, and personal lives very well.
Our program continues to evolve and adapt to student needs based on feedback from alumni and each cohort. Recent enhancements have included the introduction of the new twice-a-month class schedule, a greater emphasis on global learning, and access to executive coaching services.
What days and times are classes held?
Classes are held twice a month, on consecutive Fridays and Saturdays. Friday classes begin at 1:00 p.m. and finish at 8:00 p.m. Saturdays start at 8:00 a.m. and finish at 5:00 p.m. (Download a sample schedule - PDF).
In addition, the program’s first academic year begins with a four-day Executive Immersion. This intensive experience includes two days of sessions at the program's facility at 109 NW Naito Parkway in Portland and two days of sessions at the University of Oregon’s Lundquist College of Business in Eugene, Oregon. (All costs, including lodging, are provided.) Right before the start of the second academic year, students participate in a required Global Study Trip (all costs except international airfare, visa processing fees, and some meals are covered in the program's tuition and fees).
Where are classes held?
Classes are held in the program's facility at 109 NW Naito Parkway in Portland's Old Town/Chinatown neighborhood. First opened in January 2017, this facility features learning spaces with the newest technology and break-out rooms for team meetings. It is also conveniently located near mass transit and the UO White Stag Block at 70 NW Couch Street.
I still have questions! How do I contact you?
We love questions! Please feel free to email or call us. You are also invited to attend an information session.