Once a Duck, always a Duck. Our accomplished alumni remain actively involved in encouraging student achievement, supporting faculty research, and helping new graduates launch successful careers.
Myriad opportunities exist for you to keep connected to the Lundquist College of Business and the University of Oregon to build your network, including by joining our Lundquist Connect platform for networking with fellow alumni, mentoring students, and more.
- Among some of our most famous alumni are Phil Knight, cofounder of Nike, who was an accounting major (Bill Bowerman, the other Nike cofounder and famous UO Track Coach, is also an alum. Bowerman went back to school to get a degree in business from the college in the 1970s after Nike was founded).
- Other prominent alumni include Paul Brainerd, who pioneered the concept of desktop publishing as founder of Aldus and creator of PageMaker; John Elorriaga, former chairman and CEO of US Bancorp; Robert Polet, former Chairman and CEO of Gucci; and Renée James, former president of Intel.
Alumni Profiles and News
|Are you an alum looking to get involved with the college?|
As an alumnus, you have a lot to offer. You can help students navigate career options by sharing industry insights and expanding their networks. You might even have a hands-on learning project that will give students real-world experience while tackling your company's most pressing needs. Consider becoming a mentor, speaking in class, and more. Here are some easy ways to get involved:
Visit us on Facebook Visit us on Twitter Visit us on Youtube Visit us on Instagram Visit us on LinkedIn
In addition to our alumni networks, the Lundquist College of Business promotes and maintains active connections to business and industry throughout Oregon and around the world. Here are just a few examples:
- Our Sports Product Management program was created in partnership with the more than 900 sports and outdoor product companies that call Oregon home. Our SPM program is the hub for connecting sports and outdoor product companies and professionals, hosting industry engagement events throughout the year, and providing networking as well as educational opportunities.
- Our Warsaw Sports Marketing Center has an unmatched global network in sports business. The Warsaw Center name will open doors at ESPN, the NBA, Visa International—the list goes on. The center is recognized as one of the top and most respected by sports businesses and organizations. And our network of Warsaw Center alumni are leaders at the top corporations propelling the industry forward.
- As the heart of the UO's entrepreneurial ecosystem, our Lundquist Center for Entrepreneurship is the hub of entrepreneurial energy—connecting students to resources, mentors, internships, and investors—on campus and beyond. The center can connect you to alumni and venture capitalists driving the innovation economy of the region.
- Our School of Accounting boasts active an engaged connections to the accounting industry through numerous network and career development events for students throughout the year. Those connections are one of the reasons our accounting majors have some of the best career placement statistics on the UO campus.
Though our main campus is in Eugene, The Lundquist College of Business also maintian a vibrant presence in the states business center—Portland. Through master's programs, executive education, events, seminars, workshops, and more, our Portland location serves as a hub for students at all levels to connect with the Portland business community.
In addition, our Oregon Executive MBA has an extensive and unparalleled network of alumni. Our graduates are leading business executives in Portland, in the Northwest, and around the world.