Due to the generosity of many supporters, the School of Accounting is able to award tens of thousands of dollars in scholarships to accounting students every year.
Students only need to submit one application to be considered for the scholarships offered by the School of Accounting. Scholarship committees comprised of accounting faculty make the final decisions. Decisions will be made and applicants notified in the beginning of spring term. Students must be registered as an accounting major or be in MAcc program for the year in which the scholarship will be awarded.
Students must fill out their FAFSA form before the scholarship application deadline.
Here is a sample of types of criteria for awardees (not all criteria are necessary for award eligibility):
- Academic performance
- Financial need (make sure to read about the multiple ways to demonstrate need below)
- Community involvement
- Working to put self through school
- Enrolled in 3+1 Accounting Pathway
- Interest in a career in taxation
Scholarship awards typically range between $1,000 and $10,000, depending upon available funding.
Before You Apply
Some scholarships require proof of financial need. If you feel you qualify, please fill out the appropriate forms below to verify your level of need.
- Domestic students: Federal Aid Form (FAFSA)
- Undocumented students, both in and out of state: ORSAA
- International students: Complete the "Statement of Financial Need for International Students" form and email to UO International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) at firstname.lastname@example.org. The form can be found on ISSS's financial support webpage in the paragraph under "UO Departmental Scholarships - Verification of Financial Need for International Students." If you have already turned in your Statement of Financial Need for 2023–2024, you do not need to complete another form.
Applications are due February 22 at 5:00 p.m. A link to the application form will be added to this page once the application window opens again in December.
Submit one application to be considered for all School of Accounting scholarships. Before you go to the website to apply, prepare the following documents and have them ready to upload (PDF format only):
- One-page cover letter describing your goals and why you should receive a scholarship. This should be formatted as a proper cover letter.
- One-page resume
- For non-UO applicants: your most up-to-date unofficial transcript.
Note, for UO applicants, the scholarship committee will pull your grades as part of the review process.
Once you have submitted your application form, you will receive an email from the School of Accounting within 3-4 business days. If you do not receive these emails, contact Joel Sneed to ensure your application packet is complete.