Each year the Lundquist College of Business awards more than $1.3 million in undergraduate scholarships to students. Both current business administration and accounting majors are invited to apply for scholarships.
Applicants complete one application and are considered for all available scholarships. Scholarship awards typically range between $1,000 and $5,000, depending upon available funding.
Scholarships are awarded to continuing students who have been or will be admitted to either the business administration or accounting majors by the next fall term. For the 2023–2024 award cycle (deadline February 15, 2023), if you are not yet admitted to the business administration or accounting major, only apply if you are on track to complete your pre-business lower division courses and gain major admission prior to fall 2023.
Lundquist College of Business scholarships are awarded based on a number of criteria. Some, but not all, require financial need. Here is a sample of types of criteria for awardees (not all criteria are necessary for award eligibility):
- Academic performance
- Financial need (make sure to read about the multiple ways to demonstrate need below)
- Concentration or career plans
- Involvement in clubs, organizations, study abroad, work
- High school from which you graduated
- U.S. Armed Services Veteran
Before You Apply
Proof of Financial Need
Some scholarships require proof of financial need. If you feel you qualify, please fill out the appropriate forms below to verify your level of need. Early submission of these forms is encouraged as some scholarships are dependent on demonstrated need.
- Domestic students: Federal Aid Form (FAFSA)
- Undocumented students, both in and out of state: ORSAA
- International students: Complete the "Statement of Financial Need for International Students" form and email to UO International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) at firstname.lastname@example.org. The form can be found on ISSS's financial support webpage in the paragraph under "UO Departmental Scholarships - Verification of Financial Need for International Students." If you have already turned in your Statement of Financial Need for 2023–2024, you do not need to complete another form.
The following documents (in PDF file format) are required to complete this application. They should be prepared before you begin filling out the application form as the application doesn’t allow you to save your work. File names should contain only alphanumeric characters. If necessary, rename your files before uploading.
- A well-written, one-page summary of your academic and career goals and what you are doing to achieve them.
- A copy of your résumé. Please indicate extra-curricular and community involvements on your résumé.
- A term-by-term outline of the courses you are enrolled in winter 2023 and your planned courses for spring and fall 2023 (include summer if you are planning to take summer courses).
- Unofficial copies of all transcripts (UO and transfer, if applicable) that are already listed in DuckWeb. An unofficial UO transcript and a transfer evaluation from DuckWeb are acceptable.
- Unofficial copies of all transfer transcripts that do not appear on DuckWeb and/or proof of enrollment for any coursework you are currently enrolled in at another institution (an unofficial transcript that lists class and term is acceptable).
Mohr Career Services is available to review your resume and support you in writing your one-page summary. Make an appointment with a career advisor through Handshake. Resume writing resources are also available on Handshake.
Applications are due on February 15, 2023.
If you have prepared the documents listed above, you will be ready to apply for Lundquist College scholarships. Keep in mind that the application may still take between 20-50 minutes to complete because you will be asked a variety of short questions that help determine eligibility for certain scholarships. Please give yourself ample time because you cannot save your work.
All applicants will receive notification (via their UO email accounts) of the scholarship committee's decision (awarded or denied) prior to the end of spring term.
Questions may be directed to Lundquist College of Business undergraduate programs by emailing Kelly Zimmerman.