You've been admitted to the University of Oregon. Congratulations and welcome.
As a newly admitted undergraduate student, the first thing you want to do is to confirm you decision to enroll by accepting your offer of admission and paying or deferring your deposit. It's a simple three step process.
Once you've confirmed your decision, you'll want to get started preparing for a successful transition to the University of Oregon and the Lundquist College of Business.
- Register for freshman IntroDUCKtion, the UO's orientation program. Be sure to familiarize yourself with the IntroDUCKtion instructions, timeline, and checklist.
- Claim your Duck ID. The Duck ID is your @uoregon.edu email address and the official way that the UO will communicate with you. It will also allow you to access to resources and UO systems like Canvas, which you will need during several of your orientation events.
- Explore housing options and register for housing on campus. Be sure to check out our Business Academic Residential Community (Business ARC), where you'll live and learn with students who share your passions, interests, and identities. Students living in the Business ARC take courses together and connect with professors and advisors who support them socially and academically.
- Take your math and language placement exams. These test scores help your advisor recommend courses best suited to your math or language level.
- Complete the advising preparation module. This step is required in order for you to make your first academic advising appointment.
- Watch for an email to your @uoregon.edu email account inviting you to sign up for your advising appointment. Click the link in the email to access advising times reserved specifically for incoming students. Prepare for your advising session by doing the following:
- Attend your virtual advising meeting and register for classes. See the tools listed below for registration assistance after your appointment.
Need help with registration after your advising appointment?
- Registration knowledge base
- UO registration assistance
- Email your advisor directly or use the office hours link from the follow-up email you received after your advising appointment.
As you prepare for your first term, the following are links to some additional resources that will help you on your journey.
Find an Advisor
- "Know, Grow, Go" orientation presentation
- Business orientation handout
- Roadmap to Success
- Sample freshman first term schedules
- Business Academic Residential Community handout
- Computer labs and IT support
- Lundquist College student clubs