Undergraduate pre-business or business majors and community college transfer students interested in business as an area of study are encouraged to apply. High school seniors are encouraged to learn more about the Lundquist College of Business and the Honors Program. Information can be obtained from Eric Boggs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don’t meet the GPA requirements but feel you have strengths to share with our program and are eager to collaborate with this cohort, then please apply. Students are admitted to the program based on a holistic understanding of their experiences—not just their GPA.
The Business Honors program starts fall term your “junior” year (by credits not by years). If you came in with advanced credits, you may apply your first year to start your second year. If you have more than twenty-five credits and plan to begin classes in the business school in the next year, you should apply now. You can always apply again the next year if you are not admitted this year.
Applications are due by the first Friday of winter term (week 1). If you have any questions about the deadline, please contact email@example.com.
Admission to Lundquist College of Business Undergraduate Honors Program is competitive. Selection will be based on the following factors:
- Preference will be given to applicants with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5
- Preference will be given to applicants with a minimum of 3.6 in the required pre-business courses: Business Administration 101, Accounting 211 and 213, and Economics 201 and 202 (Not applicable to freshman applicants)
- Involvement in extracurricular activities
- Work experience
- Cover letter
- Two letters of recommendation
How to Apply
A completed application consists of:
- A clear, well-organized, one-page cover letter
- In 500 words or less, describe and evaluate an experience that significantly influenced your interest in business. This experience might be a college course, job, or extracurricular activity. Specify how this experience contributed to your desire for a career in business and how the honors program will help you achieve your career goals
- Two letters of recommendation are required
- These preferably would be from college/university teachers but they could also be from coaches, advisors, high school teachers, personal or work references
- Letters of recommendation should address your intellectual capacity, motivation, work ethic, and maturity
- Have the recommender include their current business position or title, the name of their organization or company, and their relationship to the you (professor, advisor, employer, and so forth)
- Your recommenders will receive an automated email after you submit your application. They will be asked to upload their letter to our system. If they experience difficulties, they can email program director Eric Boggs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- High school transcript if applying as a freshman or transfer student
- College transcript (also required for transfer students—unofficial transcripts are acceptable)