Due to the generosity of many supporters, the School of Accounting is able to award hundreds of thousands of dollars in scholarships to accounting students every year.
Students only need to submit one application to be considered for the scholarships offered by the School of Accounting. Scholarship committees comprised of accounting faculty make the final decisions. Decisions will be made and applicants notified in the beginning of spring term.
Sample of Criteria for Selection
Here is a sample of types of criteria for awardees (not all criteria are necessary for award eligibility):
- Academic performance
- Financial need (make sure to read about the multiple ways to demonstrate need below)
- Community involvement
- Working to put self through school
- Enrolled in 3+1 Accounting Pathway
- Enrolled as a direct admit student in the Lundquist College of Business
- Interest in a career in taxation
Scholarship awards typically range between $1,000 and $10,000, depending upon available funding.
Before You Apply
Some scholarships require proof of financial need. If you feel you qualify, please fill out the appropriate forms below to verify your level of need.
International students should submit the international student resources form to the International Affairs office right away to allow plenty of time for processing. If you have already turned in a financial resources form for the current academic year, you do not need to complete another form.
Submit one application to be considered for all School of Accounting scholarships. Before you go to the website to apply, prepare the following documents and have them ready to upload (PDF format only):
- One-page cover letter describing your goals and why you should receive a scholarship. This should be formatted as a proper cover letter.
- One-page resume
- For non-UO applicants: your most up-to-date unofficial transcript.
Note, for UO applicants, the scholarship committee will be pulling your grades as part of the review process.
Apply by 5:00 p.m. March 31
Once you have submitted your application form, you will receive an email from the School of Accounting within 3-4 business days. If you do not receive these emails, contact Dane Christensen to ensure your application packet is complete.