Each year the Lundquist College of Business awards more than $500,000 in undergraduate scholarships to students who are pursuing a business or accounting major. Scholarship awards typically range between $1,000 and $5,000, depending upon available funding.
Both business administration and accounting majors are invited to apply for Lundquist College of Business scholarships. Applicants complete one application and are considered for all available scholarships. Typically, scholarships are awarded to students who will be admitted to the major by the next fall term.
Sample of Criteria for Selection
There are a wide variety of scholarship criteria. Some, but not all, require financial need. Here is a sample of types of criteria for awardees (not all criteria are necessary for award eligibility):
- Academic performance
- Financial need (make sure to read about the multiple ways to demonstrate need below)
- Concentration or career plans
- Involvement in clubs, organizations, study abroad, work
- High school from which you graduated
- U.S. Armed Services Veteran
All applicants will receive notification (via their UO email accounts) of the scholarship committee's decision (awarded or denied) prior to the end of spring term.
Before You Apply
Some scholarships require proof of financial need. If you feel you qualify, please fill out the appropriate forms below to verify your level of need.
International students should submit the International Student Resources Form to the International Affairs office right away to allow plenty of time for processing. If you have already turned in a Financial Resources Form for 2020-2021, you do not need to complete another form.
The following documents (in PDF file format) are required to complete this application. They should be prepared before you begin filling out the application form as the application doesn’t allow you to save your work.
- A one-page summary of your academic and career goals and what you are doing to achieve them.
- A copy of your résumé. Please indicate extra-curricular and community involvements on your résumé.
- Unofficial copies of all transcripts (UO and transfer, if applicable) that are listed in DuckWeb. An unofficial UO transcript and a transfer evaluation from DuckWeb are acceptable.
- Unofficial copies of all transfer transcripts that do not appear on DuckWeb and/or proof of enrollment for any coursework you are currently enrolled in at another institution (an unofficial transcript that lists class and term is acceptable).
- A term-by-term outline of the courses you plan to take beginning next term until graduation.
Mohr Career Services is available to review your resume and support you in writing your one-page summary. Make an appointment with a career advisor through Handshake or stop by Lillis 155 for drop-in resume reviews. Resume writing resources are also available on Handshake.
Applications are due on Monday, February 17, 2020.
Questions may be directed to the Lundquist College of Business Undergraduate Advising Office in 203 Peterson, or in email to Kelly Zimmerman.
Direct Admit Scholarships
All incoming students who are offered direct admission into the Lundquist College of Business will automatically be in the pool of students considered for a direct admit scholarship. Students do not need to submit any additional applications or paperwork. We have a very limited number of scholarships to award.
Students who are offered a scholarship will be notified by mid-April, at which point they will be asked to complete a brief profile document. Incoming direct admit students should not use the scholarship application on this page.
Once on campus, direct admit students will be eligible to apply for the general Lundquist College of Business scholarships for their sophomore, junior, and senior years.
Did you know that there are also scholarships available only to accounting majors?
Learn more about other scholarship opportunities on the university scholarship website.