Prepare to lead.
The Business Administration major requires the ten upper division business core courses and seven additional approved upper-division business electives courses from at least three different departments in the Lundquist College of Business. Additionally, students have non-business breadth and global context requirements outside the Lundquist College of Business.
Business majors are advised to complete the 300-level upper division core prior to taking 300-400 business electives. Majors should begin the upper-division core with BA 308 and should take BA 453 in their senior year. All upper division business courses must be taken graded and passed with a C- or better.
- BA 308: Leadership and Communication
- MKTG 311: Marketing Management
- FIN 311: Economic Foundations of Competitive Analysis
- FIN 316: Financial Management
- MGMT 311: Managing People in Organizations
- BA 325: Business Law and Ethics
- OBA 311: Business Analytics I
- OBA 312: Business Analytics II
- OBA 335: Operations Management
- BA 453: Business Strategy and Planning
- EC 311 can substitute for FIN 311 (not advised for honors students)
- EC 320 and 421 combined can substituted for OBA 312
- CIT 382 can substitute for OBA 311 for students graduating by summer 2019. Students graduating after summer 2019 will need to take OBA 311.
Math minors and double majors: See an advisor about possible OBA 312 substitutions.
Upper Division Electives and Concentrations
The business administration major requires seven approved upper-division elective business courses from three different departments in the Lundquist College of Business (accounting, operations and business analytics, finance, management, and marketing/sports business.)
It is possible to select electives in such a way that you earn a concentration in a specific area. Concentrations are available in entrepreneurship, finance, marketing, operations and business analytics, and sports business. Please note that concentrations are not documented by the University of Oregon and will not appear a student’s transcript or diploma. Students may indicate concentrations on their resume.
View Concentration Information
Below is a list of the course offerings that can fulfill the upper division elective requirement. Courses with a BA or BE prefix are considered interdisciplinary and therefore are NOT counted as a third department. Courses with the SBUS prefix are considered part of the Marketing department. A maximum of one course from the “other” list may be applied towards the major requirements. Descriptions of these courses can be found in the class schedule.
Accounting majors looking to switch to business administration can use the form linked below to submit their request to change majors. Please note that this form is ONLY for accounting or business administration majors. If you are currently enrolled in a major housed outside of the Lundquist College of Business, speak to your advisor.
Switch to Business Administration