The application will open for submission at least two weeks prior to the deadline. Your application will not be considered complete until ALL of the following items have been submitted:
- A completed on-line application form found below on this page.
- An American business-style resumé (attached as a PDF document to application below). Use the Optimal Resume Builder to create your résumé in one of the “Lundquist preferred” formats. You can find the link to Optimal as well as guidance on how to write a résumé on DuckConnect (DuckConnect > Career Resources > LCB Career Resources – All Students).
- Proof of enrollment or an unofficial transcript, if you are taking prebusiness courses at another school. Students who are currently taking a prebusiness course at another school or who have not sent all of their transfer work to the UO need to attach proof of enrollment or an unofficial transcript to their application below. Failure to provide this information may result in your application being denied. Necessary files can be obtained by copying transcripts or even taking a screen shot from the transfer institution’s website and pasting it into a PDF document. Applicant's full name and the school’s name should be listed on the document.
- A cover letter uploaded in PDF format. Consider your admission to the Lundquist College of Business a job you are applying for and the undergraduate program's holistic standards as the job qualifications. Please describe how you embody a strong combination of these skills and why the Lundquist College of Business should “hire” you. Applicants must answer this question in a professional cover letter format. Use the optimal résumé and cover letter builder in DuckConnect's Career Resources. Click on "sample letters" and choose the LCB application to the major sample. View Holistic Standards.
Answers to supplemental questions can be entered into text boxes in the application. There will be a strict limit of 2,500 characters (approximately 400 words) for each answer.
- Identify a time in your life that required you to face a challenge or overcome an obstacle, describe how you approached the situation and what you learned from it.
- Tell us about your academic and career goals and describe how any leadership opportunities, academic coursework, university resources, and extracurricular activities you engaged in have helped you define these goals.
- Is there anything else relevant to your application that you would like to tell the admission committee? (If you reference extenuating circumstances such as illness or a death in the family, please include supporting documentation.) This question is optional and can be used to support your case if you are applying for admission without meeting the automatic admission requirements.
When To Apply
|If you are completing prerequisites during:
||Your admit term will be:
|Summer or Fall 2017
||September 29, 2017
||January 12, 2018
||April 6, 2018
Online Application Form
This application must be completed by the first Friday of the term, one term prior to taking upper division business courses as outlined in the table above.
You MUST have a copy of your résumé and cover letter in PDF format in order to complete the form.
Complete and Submit the Application Form
If you have questions, contact the Undergraduate Advising Office at 541-346-3303 or in 203 Peterson Hall.
All university officials, including our advisors, are required to report incidents of child abuse among anyone they come in contact with under the age of 18. If you have questions about this policy, or would like more information about how the reporting would be handled, you can find more information here: http://hr.uoregon.edu/policies-leaves/general-information/mandatory-reporting-child-abuse-and-neglect. Our advisors are required to report instances of discrimination and harassment, including sexual harassment/assault; however, they are NOT required to report the student’s name. For more information about Title IX reporting and resources, please visit the following website: https://titleix.uoregon.edu/.