Behrooz Pourghannad is an assistant professor of operations and business analytics at the Lundquist College of Business. Pourghannad is also a research collaborator at the Mayo Clinic's Kern Center for the Science of Health Care Delivery. Before joining the University of Oregon, he was a faculty member at Wilfrid Laurier University's Lazaridis School of Business and Economics.
Pourghannad's research interests include healthcare, business model innovation, and supply chain management. He draws on several methodologies in his research, including game theory, laboratory experiments, machine learning, and causal inference. Pourghannad's research has been recognized with several awards. He is the first-place winner of the 2017 INFORMS Aviation Application Section Best Student Paper Competition, a finalist of the 2018 IBM Service Science Section's Best Student Paper Award, and a two-time finalist of the POMS College of Behavior in Operations Management Junior Scholar Paper Competition in 2018 and 2020.
- PhD, Industrial Engineering, University of Minnesota, 2019
- MA, Business Administration, University of Michigan, 2015
- MA, Mathematics, Sabancı University, 2013
- BS, Industrial Engineering, Azad University, 2008
- Assistant Professor, Lazaridis School of Business and Economics, Wilfrid Laurier University, 2021–2022
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Kern Center, Mayo Clinic , 2019–2021
Back to Top