Products don’t sell themselves. Good marketing marketing facilitates exchanges between buyers and sellers to the benefit of both.
Department of Marketing faculty are active scholars who possess extensive industry experience and insight. Faculty in the department have won teaching awards and garnered national acclaim for research productivity.
The department prepares students for careers in marketing management, sports marketing, advertising, sponsorship, sports law, marketing communications, and more.
From undergraduate to PhD, the Department of Marketing offers courses in marketing, sports marketing, and business environment.
Marketing Department News
Oregon Marketing Research Symposium
The Department of Marketing hosts a symposium which aims to bridge marketing and consumer scholars and to enable its participants to share scholarship and build connections.
The Department of Marketing invites leading researchers to the University of Oregon to present and discuss their research.
Our marketing faculty are active scholars who are also recognized for teaching excellence. Members of the department have won teaching excellence awards at the undergraduate, MBA, and executive MBA level. They have also won numerous national awards for research excellence. In addition, many are actively involved with the business community as consultants and board members.
In addition, marketing faculty have consulted in the Pacific Northwest and nationwide to such firms as Marriott, Polaroid, American Express, Tandem Computers, Donaldson Company, US West, Pape Group, Moet-Chandon, PW Pipe, 1st Interstate Bank, Apple, General Motors, Beatrice Hunt-Wesson, The Interpublic Advertising Group, Subaru, and AcuPoll.
- Services Marketing
- Sustainability and Ethical Consumptions
- Thirty-five publications in the thirty most influential (of 245) research journals for business scholars, including twenty-five articles in the top fifteen journals.
- More than 100 publications in the top journals in marketing, social psychology, communication, sports marketing, and supply chains.
- Ranked first in average citations per faculty among marketing departments at the twenty-three leading public universities.
- Ranked tenth in average citations among the marketing departments at the top forty-six private and public business schools.
- In a separate independent study in 2008, ranked eighth in productivity among U.S. universities.
- Four faculty elected as research fellows of international organizations for significant lifetime contributions to their fields.
- Broad career experience at other leading universities—Stanford, Ohio State, Illinois, North Carolina, Arizona State, Harvard, Michigan, Norwegian School of Economics, Ecole Superieur des Sciences et Commerciales, Singapore Management University.
Head, Department of Marketing
Lundquist College of Business
1208 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-1208
Marketing Subject Pool
Are you a student currently registered in a marketing course? If so, you are eligible for our marketing survey pool. Surveys typically take place in the Business Research Institute, the innovative marketing research lab on the second floor of Chiles.