The Lundquist College of Business promotes the use of Microsoft Windows-based computers in order to prepare students to work at U.S. businesses that maintain predominantly Windows-based environments. Much of the software used in business courses is Windows-centric. Though there are solutions for running Windows on Apple hardware, these solutions are non-standard and therefore are not well supported.
Likewise, students wishing to use desktop computers may also find themselves at a disadvantage, as business courses are extremely dynamic and challenging, and often require the flexibility provided by a laptop computer.
The Lundquist College of Business recommends the following equipment specifications:
- Windows® 10 operating system
- Intel® i7 processor
- 8 GB (minimum) memory
- 256 GB solid state drive (SSD)
- Webcam and microphone
- Wireless LAN (802.11)
- Office 365, free for students and available for download online
- Anti-glare LED screen (optional)
- Backlit keyboard (optional)
- Spare power adapter (optional)
- Prosupport Plus (e.g. Dell's warranty) or a complete care warranty (optional but strongly recommended)