Updated April 23, 2020: Embedded recordings of segments from the live stream
The Warsaw Sports Marketing Center brought the Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) draft to the comfort of attendees' homes.
Warsaw Watch, a virtual draft party, was held Friday, April 17 via YouTube Live on the UO Business channel.
This free event united sports industry leaders and fans to celebrate and advocate for women in sports.
The live stream draft party began at 1:00 p.m. PDT with a pregame show consisting of interviews with industry professionals, a mock draft contest for viewers, and interactive components. Sports industry leaders from teams, leagues, agencies, and brands shared their expertise on the WNBA and women’s sports. Once the WNBA draft was underway at 4:00 p.m. PDT, viewers were able to interact via social media, win prizes, and get live updates on draft picks.
Topics covered included:
- Promoting women in sports
- The history of the WNBA
- The WNBA relationship with ESPN
- Player development in NCAA and WNBA
- Agent roles and timelines for the WNBA
- Player insights on draft experience
- Implications of top draft picks and ticket sales
- Sports marketing of team and individual athletes
- Innovation in fan engagement
- Insights from UO Women’s Basketball
An official event schedule and speaker lineup was shared across the Warsaw Center's social media channels on Twitter and Facebook.
Thank you for joining the Warsaw Center in supporting the Oregon Women’s Basketball players entering the 2020 WNBA draft and being part of the fun.
Watch the Recording