The University of Oregon Mentor Network is a signature offering for current MBA students, giving them the opportunity to engage with a professional mentor during a yearlong program.
Started in spring 2014, the program matches MBA students (mentees) with a professional mentor to further their leadership skills, experiential learning, and exposure to business in action. Through online interaction, site visits, and campus events, mentoring becomes a dynamic experience for MBA students to enhance professional development through our expanded network.
Though mentoring is not new to MBA programs, the University of Oregon supports a modern format where a reciprocal relationship exists between the mentor and mentee. Mentors are selected based on a variety of criteria including years of experience, industry focus, and desire to work with business students. The program has an opt-in student participation model to ensure a high quality of relationships. Students are selected to participate in the program based on a variety of criteria.
- Dedicated staff to manage the program and support mentoring relationships
- Seasonal Oregon Mentor Network events on campus
- Thorough assessments of mentors and mentees to ensure strong matches
- 1:1 ratio for mentor and mentee
We are actively seeking mentors for the Oregon MBA Mentor Network. The commitment timeframe is June-June, with rolling applications. Mentors will have dedicated UO MBA staff support to help manage the mentoring relationship, goal setting, and regular communication with selected mentee.
- Monthly online communication with mentee
- Attendance at a minimum of one annual Mentor Network campus event
- Open to having mentee participate in a workplace site visit
Potential mentors interested in applying to the Mentor Network pilot year may contact Chris Bennett at email@example.com or 541-346-8205.