The Lundquist College of Business recommends the following equipment specifications:
- Operating Systems: Windows® 10
- Processor: Quad-core, Intel® i5 or i7 (i7 recommended)
- Memory: 8 GB (minimum), 16 GB (recommended)
- Storage: 256 GB Solid State Drive
- Web Camera/Microphone (built-in)
- Wireless LAN (802.11)/Bluetooth
- Office 365, available for download online for free
Strongly Recommended (optional)
- ProSupport Plus (e.g Dell’s warranty or comparable complete care warranty)
Highly Recommended (optional)
- LCDs: Anti-Glare LED
- Purchase a spare power adapter
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use my Apple computer?
Much of the software used in business courses is Microsoft Windows-centric. As a result, you may find yourself disadvantaged. Though there are solutions for running Windows on Apple hardware, these solutions are non-standard and therefore are not well supported.
Is it necessary to use a laptop or can I use a desktop computer?
Business courses are extremely dynamic and challenging. Without the flexibility provided by a laptop computer, you will find yourself disadvantaged.