Ashley Angulo (or Dr. A) hails from Tucson, Arizona where she became fascinated with persuasion and social influence as a result of a failed litter intervention she ran in the third grade. This frustration and curiosity with the tragedy of common dilemmas followed her to the University of Chicago, where she studied economics and psychology while working as a research assistant at the Booth School of Business. There she secured competitive grant funding to conduct her senior honors thesis research on perspective taking errors.
Following graduation, she took a position as a lab coordinator within the University of Virginia's Batten School of Public Policy and Department of Psychology. In addition to running field experiments and managing research assistants, she conducted her own research on group conformity. She pursued a doctorate at UCLA, where she received the Eugene V. Cota-Robles Fellowship, the Center for Global Management assistantship, the Dare to Care Award, and the Dissertation Year Fellowship.
Outside of UCLA, she secured funding through the Department of Energy, the Society for Personality and Social Psychology, the Judgment and Decision Making preconference fund and IDC Herzliya's competitive summer enrichment program.
Angulo's research has been published in Psychological Science and featured in news outlets. More recently she coauthored a chapter in the Handbook of Marketing Analytics that outlines field research best practices. Ashley enjoys crossword puzzles and teaching her old dog Smarty new tricks.
- PhD, Management, University of California, Los Angeles, 2017
- BA, Psychology, University of Chicago, 2010
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Social and Decision Sciences, Carnegie Mellon University, 2017–2019
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Behavioral Economics Group, Disney Research, 2017
- Reviewer, Journal of Experimental Social Psychology
- Reviewer, Academy of Management Conference
- Reviewer, Society for Personality and Social Psychology
- Coreviewer, European Journal of Social Psychology
Back to Top