University of Oregon alumni and friends give back in many ways, including—but certainly not limited to—time, talent, support, encouragement, and advice. This year, as part of our annual day of giving, we are asking Ducks worldwide to flock together to celebrate and support our students with words of encouragement, a video of support, and more.
Please join us Thursday, May 14 for #DucksGive 2020.
The global outbreak of COVID-19 has caused widespread uncertainty, social distancing, and major disruption to our everyday lives. And yet, in the midst of all that, the UO community has come together like never before.
Thanks to generous Ducks, to date, nearly half a million dollars have been distributed through our Students in Crisis Fund for current Ducks who have encountered unusual financial hardship caused by circumstances beyond their control due to the virus. Thank you!
To celebrate that achievement as well as showcase how Ducks support each other, we are asking you to shoot a quick video of encouragement to students and show your UO pride during #DucksGive 2020. Whether it’s a warm smile, your favorite piece of advice, a congratulations to the Class of 2020, or even your banana bread recipe—our Ducks want to know we are behind them no matter what.
Ready? Let’s shoot this.
Choose a topic to address in your message—whatever feels most natural.
- General support and encouragement
- Speaking directly to the Class of 2020 or current students about the value of a UO degree and staying on path to graduating
- Career advice
- Self-care tips
- Choose a background you want the world to see. Offices and quiet backyards work great.
- Make sure your light source is in front and to the side of you, never behind you.
- Shoot horizontal (landscape), not vertical (portrait).
- Try not to overthink your words. Be yourself, speak at a conversational volume level, and imagine what you would want to hear as a student. Go Ducks!
- Use the hashtags #ducksgive and #bizducksgive when posting.
- Not on social media? Email a video or some simple words of encouragement to email@example.com.
We will share a selection of videos and posts on our website and social media channels.