The Oregon MBA’s Center for Sustainable Business Practices requests proposals from companies to receive consulting services from our student Strategic Planning Project teams.
The Lundquist College of Business is University of Oregon’s business school. The Lundquist College was the first business school in the country to include industrial ecology in its curriculum and has been ranked the #1 Green MBA by The Princeton Review. The Lundquist College also houses the Center for Sustainable Business Practices, which supports students who specialize in business practices in support of the planet and its people, as well as profits.
Submit Proposal Request
Strategic Planning Project Program
MBA student teams of 3-4 provide dedicated consulting services to companies in five-month engagements from January 7 to June 7, 2019, culminating in strategic recommendations and an implementation plan. Whether it’s providing specialized expertise or simply moving forward an important project you haven’t gotten to yet, we are focused on adding value to your activities.
The Strategic Planning Project also serves as the MBA candidate’s capstone course, giving students a chance to demonstrate and apply their business skills in a real-world context. The students draw both from their training as top-notch MBAs, as well as their specialized skills and knowledge in sustainable business practices.
The program seeks projects that intentionally drive social or economic value creation in a business context. MBA consultants can support a variety of engagements and welcome proposals from any organization. Non-exclusive examples of deliverables include:
- Internal communications plans
- Feasibility study for renewable energy capital project
- Higg 2.0 data analysis
- Financial forecasting and ROI analysis
- Internal reorganization plan
- Life cycle assessment
- Marketing analysis and positioning statements
- Sustainability reports and responses
- Sustainable Development Goals planning and reporting
- Lean manufacturing analysis and recommendations
- Greenhouse gas inventory and process recommendations
- Plan to start sustainability department from scratch