Previous Academic Positions
- Head, Department of Marketing, University of Oregon
- Assistant Professor, Univsersity of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Michigan
Professional Leadership Positions
- Council Representative, American Psychological Association
- Past President, American Marketing Association Consumer Behavior SIG
- Past President, Society for Consumer Psychology
- Past Editor, Sport Marketing Quarterly
Lynn R. Kahle is academic director of the applied information management master's program in UO Academic Extension. He was previously head of the Department of Marketing at the University of Oregon. He was President of the American Marketing Association Special Interest Group (SIG) on Consumer Behavior, previously serving as President of Sports and Special Events SIG. He has served as president of the Society for Consumer Psychology, which he now represents on the APA Council of Representatives, and as editor of Sport Marketing Quarterly. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynn_R._Kahle.
His research on topics such as values and lifestyle marketing has been widely published and cited in such disciplinary and interdisciplinary journals as JM, JPSP, JCR, JCP, and POQ. His most recent books include Communicating Sustainability for the Green Economy (2014, with Eda Gurel-Atay), Belief Systems, Religion, and Behavioral Economics: Marketing in Multicultural Environments (2013, with Elizabeth Minton), Marketplace Lifestyles in an Age of Social Media: Theory and Method (2012, with Pierre Valette-Florence), and Consumer Behavior Knowledge for Effective Sports and Event Marketing (2011, with Angeline Close).
Lynn Kahle is at Pace University in New York this year.