The Department of Finance offers courses in finance and business economics. The undergraduate program offers a concentration in finance. The Oregon MBA program offers a specialization in finance and securities analysis, which is supported by the Cameron Center for Finance and Securities Analysis. The curriculum focuses on imparting an understanding of the principles that guide financial management, asset management, and general business management. Students master the following skills:
- Evaluation of capital investment projects
- Valuation of companies, securities and derivative contracts
- Measurement and management of risk
- Evaluation and formation of investment strategies
- Financial forecasting and assessment of financing requirements
- Interpretation of financial market prices and interest rates.
The department also oversees the Master of Science in Finance program as well as the PhD program in finance, which focuses on training students to conduct scholarly research and to teach at the college level.