Previous Academic Positions
- Program Director, Competition Not Conflict Program, University of Oregon School of Law, 2010-2013
- Faculty, University of Oregon School of Law, 2010-2013
- Adjunct Faculty, University of Massachusetts Boston and Boston College
- Teaching and Research Assistantships, University of Massachusetts Amherst
Professional Leadership Positions
- Founder and Senior Practitioner, Sports Conflict Institute LLC, 2013-Present
- Principal and Practitioner, Part of the Solution ADR Services (POTSADR), 1993-2013
- Organizational Change Leader, Manulife Financial Services/John Hancock Financial Services, 1998-2005
- Organizational Developer, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 1993-1998
A leading business and legal strategist for more than twenty five years, Gordon is an experienced educator, consultant, negotiator, facilitator, and organizational capability builder. Gordon specializes in sports industry strategy and crisis management that builds upon a deep history of contexts that have included business-to-business, organizational change, energy, environmental, real estate and housing, family, and gang-related challenges. He is the founder and lead practitioner at the Sports Conflict Institute (SCI), which supports competitive goals in athletics through understanding, preventing, and resolving destructive conflict inside and outside the lines and specializes in building high performing team culture.
Gordon has advised on complex negotiations and taught executives in companies such as HP, Young & Rubicam, Ogilvy, and McDonalds. He coached two University of Oregon Law School students to a National Championship in the ABA Negotiation Competition. He especially appreciates and enjoys complex, multi-party conflict that requires non-traditional solutions to impasse.
Gordon has developed creative organizational solutions to ensure competitive success for a number of teams and leagues from collegiate through the professional levels. He has presented to audiences that have included individuals and teams from the NCAA, NBA, NFL, MLS, NRL, MLB, USATF, USTA, PGA, LPGA, and ATP.
In addition to his career in conflict management and dispute resolution, Gordon is a competitive runner with recent Masters All-American performances in the mile, 3K, 5K, and 10K distances. He competes as part of the University of Oregon Running Club and the Bowerman Track Club.