Professional Leadership Positions
- Advisory Board Member, Oregon Manufacturing Innovation Center R&D, 2016-2017
- Advisory Board Member, Northwest Collaboratory for Sustainable Manufacturing, 2014-2016
- Transitional Board Member, Start-up Phase, Northwest Collaboratory for Sustainable Manufacturing, 2013–2014
- POMS Board, Associate Executive Director for Global Initiatives and Outreach, 2014-Present
- POMS Board, Vice President for Meetings (& Sponsorship), 2011-2014
- POMS Board, Associate Vice-President for Sponsorship, 2010-2011
- POMS Board, Vice President for Education, 2008
- POMS Conference Committee Member, Sponsorship Committee Chair, 2006-2010
- Associate Editor, Decision Sciences, 2010-Present
- Editorial Review Board member, Production and Operations Management, 2006-Present
- Editorial Review Board member, Decision Sciences 2005-2010
Nagesh N. Murthy is the Roger Engemann Distinguished Research Scholar and an associate professor of operations management in the Department of Operations and Business Analytics at the Lundquist College of Business. His prior work experience includes faculty positions at Michigan State University and Georgia Institute of Technology. He has also held management positions with Indian Railways and Sundaram Clayton, India Ltd.
His empirical and normative research has been supported by major grants from firms, industry consortia, and government agencies. His field-based research projects have been endorsed by several industry associations such as SAE, SME, EIA, and APICS/ER, among others. In addition to publishing in premier refereed journals, he has consulted with several Fortune 100 firms and taught in both general and custom executive education programs. He has also engaged with numerous major firms to offer experiential learning opportunities for students and facilitate summer internships and jobs by incorporating plant tours, guest speakers, and real-world problem-solving projects in his operations and supply chain management courses.
Since his arrival at the Lundquist College of Business in 2003, he has engaged with senior executives and organized over 175 company sponsored projects in the areas of facility operations, supply chain management, and sustainability in operations and supply chain management using a pool of firms that include Intel, Hewlett-Packard, Tektronix, JELD-WEN, Keen, States Industries, Weyerhaeuser, Monaco Coach, Nike, Navistar, Columbia Distributing, Myers Container, Lyle, Parr Lumber, Xerox, PCC Structurals, Shindaiwa, Kettle Foods, International Paper, Spraying Systems Company, YAKIMA, NW Natural, Silver Eagle Manufacturing, gDiapers, Alsco, Rosen Aviation, Benchmade, Sunmodo, KersTech, NextStep Recycling, Organically Grown Company, Growing Solutions, Invitrogen, and PSC (now Datalogic) among others.