Previous Academic Positions
- National Bureau of Economic Research, Research Economist, 2015–present
- University of Oregon, Associate Professor of Marketing, 2013–present
- University of Oregon, Visiting Assistant Professor of Marketing, 2012
- University of Illinois, Assistant Professor of Marketing, 2005–2011
Professional Leadership Positions
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Academy of Marketing Science, 2016–present
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Global Academy of Marketing Science, 2009–present
Hong Yuan is an associate professor of marketing at the Lundquist College of Business. Yuan earned her master’s degree in applied economics and her PhD degree in marketing from the University of Michigan. Her research interests include firms’ pricing and promotion strategies; consumers’ responses to pricing and promotion strategies; consumer information search; and experimental and behavioral economics. She has published in the Journal of Consumer Psychology, Journal of Marketing Research, Management Science, Journal of Retailing, and Journal of Advertising.
She also teaches the Marketing Research course for the masters of science in Sports Product Management program in Portland.